Ames Figure Skating is proud to present the 25th Annual Spring Show featuring the theme “Through The Looking Glass”. This year’s theme will feature a variety of mini-theatre performances following Alice through a collection of fantasy worlds. Learn to Skate skaters will have the option to sign up for one, two numbers; plus the option to participate in the Parent & Child number.
2018 Show Details | Save the Date
April 28th | 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
April 29th | 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Ames Ice Arena
Registration Deadline: January 30th
| REGISTER |
Group Registration Options and Fees:
• Single Group Number = $50
• Two Group Numbers = $75
• Parent/Child = $50 | Do to liability issues any participant in parent/child who has not skated in the last 6 months must sign up for the 4th session of Learn to Skate.
Additional Show Costs
Costumes – a $25 costume deposit will be required at the time of registration. As a general rule of thumb, costumes range from $30-$75+ per number and will be decided by the Show Committee. The total cost for costumes will be paid upon delivery of the costumes. Once costumes are ordered, they are not returnable or refundable.
Tickets - Each family is required to purchase a minimum of 6 tickets at the time of registration. Tickets cost $8 for adults and school age children 5 and older. Tickets can be resold. Each registered skater will receive one VIP ticket. The VIP ticket allows admittance into both performances.
• Additional discounted ticket are available for $8 each and can be purchased until one week prior to the show.
• Senior citizens (60 and over) and students (with ID) will be $5 at the door
Each family is asked to contact local businesses for sponsorship ads that will be included in the Spring Show program. Sponsorship packets will be handed out at a later time. In lieu of contacting local businesses, a skater may choose to make a $50 personal donation to the show.
• Sponsorship Bonus – As an incentive to get additional business sponsorships, skaters will receive a costume credit equal to 10% of the amount collected from additional sponsorships, in excess of the $50 requirement.
• Registration fees & costume deposit are non-refundable.
Practices for group numbers will begin the first week of April, 2018. Each group number will practice a minimum of three (3) 30 minute sessions. Practice times will be determined based on number of participates in the number along with complexity of choreography. Most group practices will begin at 5:30pm or later during the weekdays and after Club Ice on Saturdays. The week of the Spring Show will require skaters to attend a show run through on both Wednesday and Thursday. The Friday of Show Week will be an official Dress Rehearsal where skaters will be required to be in full costumes. An official schedule will be provided to all skaters that sign up.
ALL REHEARSALS ARE MANDATORY! If you miss one rehearsal for a number and wish to remain in that number, you must contact the coach of the number AND one of the show chairs prior to the rehearsal to notify them of your absence, and you must arrange and pay for a private lesson with the coach to learn the missed material. If you miss more than one rehearsal for any number you may be unable to participate in that number, and you are still responsible for the costume cost.
During the registration process you will be asked to provide costume measurements for your skater. Please be sure to follow the tips below and measure carefully as these measurements will be used to order costumes. As a reminder, once costumes are ordered they are nonrefundable. At times, alterations may be needed and will be at the skaters expense. Tape measures are available in the Club Room for skaters to use. If you have questions or need assistance, please see Candi Waelti-Johnson.
Measuring Your Students | Use a Sewing Tape Measure
1. BUST: With arms relaxed at your sides, measure the fullest part of the bust, keep tape parallel to ground. This will determine your top size.
2. WAIST: Measure around the narrowest part of your natural waistline.
3. HIPS: Stand with heels together and measure the fullest part of your hips, keep tape parallel to ground. This will determine your skirt, pant and short size.
4. GIRTH: Place tape measure at center of shoulder, down the front torso, between the legs, up the back and to the same shoulder, hold tape loosely. This will determine your unitard, biketard and leotard size.
The Ames Figure Skating Club relies on the service of volunteers for all of our club events including the Spring Ice Show. Because of that we ask that one family member volunteer for a show committee to assist with the actual production of the show. The following committees are part of our show production: Props, Cast Party, Sewing/Alterations, Sponsors, Flower Sales, Ticket Sales, Publicity, Dressing Rooms, Set-up, Tear-down, Practice Ice Monitor and/or Check-in.
Tiffini Davies firstname.lastname@example.org | Cell phone/text: 515-230-2627
Kristine Forret email@example.com | Cell phone/text: 515-314-5093
Please no calls after 8pm
The Ames Figure Skating Club is dedicated to providing a safe, fun and supportive
environment for skaters of all ages and abilities to achieve their skating goals.